“Life Doesn’t Come with a Manual. It comes with a Mother.”
What a great saying. Mother’s day should be everyday. Recently I had to go through the intense feeling where I was not sure what the outcome of my Mother’s surgery would look like. As practical as I am, I couldn’t help but be realistic that there is a possibility that my Mom will not survive such intense surgery.
But she did. On April 24th, 2018, my 64 year old Mom was taken in for a 6 hour bypass surgery. Needless to say, it was the longest 6 hours of my life waiting to hear good new. The surgery was successful and Mom’s healing very well. She still have 8 weeks of intense recovery but at least she will bebetter now.
It doesn’t have to be something this intense for you to recognize what your Mother means to you. Appreciate her regularly. We at Therapia are Moms. We have young kids, older kids and even office kids.
Mother’s Day is quickly approaching!
This means that you’re hunting for the perfect gift for the beautiful, selfless, loving mom in your life. It also means that you’re most likely being bombarded with different products or services to get for Mom, but what really is the right gift for Mom? Well…..Massages really are the very best Mother’s Day gift, and here’s why:
- It’s all about her! A massage lets Mom focus on . . . herself. Her only job is to make the appointment, walk in, and lie down on the massage table. From that point on, someone else is taking care of Mom for a change. She won’t be “on duty.” She won’t be multitasking. She’ll just be taken care of.
- Health benefits! Regardless of age, whether the mom in your life is 30, 50, or 80, massage therapy can have dramatic healthful effects. The licensed massage therapist will lengthen tightened muscles and loosen knots. Massage can bring about increased circulation, encourage the draining of lymph nodes, and help muscles to function better.
- Stress Relief! Massage isn’t just a break from stress, it can actually reduce it. Massage has been shown to lower the stress hormone cortisol. Massage can also encourage the production of feel-good hormones like endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine.
- Immunity Boosting! This Mother’s Day gift idea can help ensure that Mom keeps healthy to keep on being the superhero she is. Grocery cart handles, wayward sneezes in crowded elevators, the long-forgotten lunchbox containing petrified sandwich remains, or a kid’s classmate’s stomach virus all contain germs that threaten to bring illness. Luckily, massage can actually improve her immune system by raising the activity of the white blood cells which work to fight of viruses.
- Pain Relief! Massage can be a powerful therapeutic tool for many medical conditions. If Mom experiences high blood pressure, arthritis, depression, low-back pain, headaches or migraines, or has a stress injury, massage can help alleviate the symptoms. While massage may not be able to replace other treatments, it can help to bring relief, speed healing, and be an all-natural and medication-free tool to help her condition. She should check with her doctor if she’s unsure whether massage is a good accompaniment to her current medical treatment.
Whether she is your mom, spouse, sister, friend, daughter, or aunt, the mother in your life deserves a truly wonderful recognition of the loving and selfless woman she is. A gift of massage, either a single or a package, can help her be healthy, happy, and continue doing what she does and loves best – being a great mother.
Mother’s Day Promotion
All About Her – carve out a good 90 minutes to have us take care of the mom in your life. We will start by giving her a relaxing massage followed by a mini facial and foot treatment. She will be pampered head to toe. Purchase the gift certificate and have it delivered to her inbox today so she can book her session.
60 minute Relaxation Massage
Mini Facial & Foot Treatment
$160 (reg. $185) Click Here to Purchase
Mommy & Me – Want to enjoy a massage with the mom in your life? Book our same room massage and spend some quality time together. This could be a daughter and mom or a Couple.
75 Minute Massage for Each in the Same Room
Free Add On:
Hot stones, aromatherapy, or foot treatment
$250 (reg $315) Click Here to Purchase
Let us take care of the one who takes care of it all.